I have parkinson's and one of the worst symptoms is insomnia. I take 5mg of Key melatonin occasionally, but can not get to sleep. I take Sinemet for my parkinson's and want to increase my Key melatonin to 2 X 5mg every night in an effort to improve my sleep. Can I do this with safety?
User: Norton
I do hope you can help me.

User: Norton
Dear Norton,
I hope that I can give you some tips with your problem.

If you say, that you take melatonin "occasionally", does that mean you don't take it every night?
Melatonin should be taken regularly and effects may be seen only after several weeks, because Melatonin is not a sleeping pill, but a hormon which resynchronizes theendocrine system of your body. This takes some time.
It is safe to take 10 mg of melatonin. (In scientific researches they already gave up to high doses like 50mg to people over 2 or 3 months without noticing side-effects. But I don't recommend such high doses. Also trials were not long term.) Please note that you shouldn't exceed the 10mg, since our Melatonin contains magnesium which can cause diarrhea and tummy ache, if overdosed.

Please try first to take 5mg of melatonin every night at the same time for about 10 days. If you don't get better, take 10mg and get back to me to tell me how you are doing.

Always care about sleep-hygiene. It is very important to switch off all the lights (also little sources of light), never sleep with the telly on, eliminate all sources of noise. Prepare yourself for bed-time. Drink a camomile, read until you are feeling sleepy.

Best,

User: KeyMelatonin.com

To answer you have to type the email address you used to ask the question
Email
Response

Share |